Back in February Monica and I took a trip to New Orleans. This destination has been on our list of places to visit for a while and I'm so happy we finally got to go. This trip would turn out to be extra special as we found out we were having a baby the morning we left! While in NOLA, we pretty much ate and walked our way through the city. Here's a list of my highlights:
- Beignets at Cafe du Monde (it's just something you have to do)
- My first po boy (I got it with fried shrimp and oysters)
- The Colors! What a colorful city; literally and figuratively.
- Walking walking walking - Like I said we walked a ton! This allowed us to really take in the different neighborhoods and the character each one held.
- Getting lost-ish. We took a bus to the Garden District but got on going the wrong direction! We can laugh about it now (well, I was laughing about it as it was happening).
- District Donuts - pretty good donuts/amazing sliders
- Lafayette Cemetery
- The Bywater - Probably my favorite neighborhood we visited. Not sure what it was; just a really good vibe. (It could have also been the great breakfast at Satsuma Cafe or the Ryan Adams record I picked up at Euclid Records).
- All of the dog/cat prints permanently in the sidewalks!
- NOMA (New Orleans Museum of Art) - Beautiful museum; amazing collection.
- Valentine's Day dinner at Angeline - Loved their new take on classic food; one of the best meals I've had.
- The big thunderstorm
- The grit
- The history
- The sound of the horse hooves on the cobblestones
I could go on forever! Please enjoy these photos!